President Rodrigo Duterte (in Manila) is determined to having a third media communications player enter the nation in March.

Harry Roque, presidential spokesman said Tuesday Information and Communications Technology Officer in Charge-Secretary Eliseo Rio asked to expand the due date until May, yet was denied amid a Cabinet meeting last Monday.

"There was a demand from Officer-in-Charge Secretary Rio that they be given two extra months or until May to grant and to guarantee that the third telecoms transporter is up and about, this was not endorsed in yesterday's Cabinet meeting," Roque said in a media info-telling.

He said the legislature will "stick it out" with the first time span of having a third broadcast communications bunch by one month from now.

Duterte said a year ago he needs a third telco supplier to enhance rivalry and web speed.

He taught government organizations to guarantee it would be in task by March 2018.

Roque said Duterte had a stern cautioning for those attempting to hinder the passage of a third player in the nearby media communications industry.

"It's sufficient to state that the notice is 'don't f*** with government.'" Roque stated, refering to Duterte.

Duterte in CNNToday

He said the President lashed out at recurrence holders giving government a troublesome time in securing frequencies for a third player.

Roque said the President "would not permit" broadcast communications organization to charge expenses for frequencies when they were claimed and given by the state.

"The President was especially disappointed with the way that keeping in mind the end goal to have a third telecoms player we would need to observe frequencies to be apportioned to the third telecom player," he said. "He was disappointed with the way that recurrence given to a shell organization CURE which clearly was given for nothing would need to be purchased back by government all together that the third player could be given this frequencies."

He said Duterte "rejected" the suggestion that the administration pay for the frequencies.

"He cautioned everybody included not to test the purpose of the President in enabling a third telecoms bearer to enter the nation," Roque included.

Roque likewise said the administration still has all the earmarks of being slanted to grant the agreement for a third player to China.

Duterte had offered China an opportunity to enter the telecoms business as a third player a year ago.

In the event that it pushes through, China-possessed media communications organization, China Telecom, will claim 40 percent of the third player, while a consortium of Filipino organizations will partake in the rest of the 60 percent.

Roque stated, be that as it may, the Chinese organization should follow neighborhood techniques.

"It was advertised. It has seemed to have been acknowledged yet we have to agree to every legitimate necessity including the holding of the offering," he said.
 
Top