The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is wanting to rollout its free open-WiFi web access extending over the Philippines starting July of this current year. Free WiFi Internet Access in Public Places of the DOST's Information and Communications Technology Office (ICT Office), intends to give free WiFi web access in select open spaces in the nation
1. Non-Private Plazas and Parks
2. None-Private Primary and Secondary Central Schools
3. None-Private Libraries
4. Provincial Health Units & Government Hospitals
5. State Universities & Colleges
6. Train Stations of the MRT and LRT frameworks
7. Airplane terminals and Seaports
8. City and Municipal Halls
9. National Government Offices
When completely conveyed, the Project will serve 105,000 simultaneous users with a normal pace of 256 kbps each. It will be subjected to information volume based Fair Usage Policy to advance an impartial conveyance of people in general administration.
The "Free Wi-Fi Internet Access in Public Places" venture has a financial plan of Php1.408 billion which was approved in the 2015 General Appropriations Act (GAA).